Has TIVO fixed the gray screen issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem left...then came back

Well, it's a year later. I tried the attenuator but that did NOT solve the problem. My Tivo HD stopped "misbehaving" for nearly a year but the constant, random shutdown routine began again about 2 weeks ago. At Tivo's recommendation I tried the hard drive diagnostics, but found nothing. Interesting tidbit: I have a friend with a dual-tuner Series 2 unit that does the same thing. We live in different cities. I have a Tivo HD with a cable card; and mine is hard-wired to my network. He has the series 2 with NO cable card, and he only connects to the Tivo network through a standard phone cable when he wants to update the Tivo programming. We only have 2 things in common here: we have Tivo service and we have Comcast cable service. If this is happening to both of us, it may not be a problem isolated to my Tivo box.

As I type this, my Tivo keeps shutting off and then "Welcome! Powering up..." keeps coming on. It has shut off 8 times within the last hour (No, that is NOT an exaggeration!). Sometimes it reboots on its own, and sometimes I have to unplug it to get it to start. It is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Any suggestions? The Masters is on this weekend, and I really want to make sure it records!

Comment

Working...
    X