Missing at least 2 channels after SWM8 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dish output --> SWM power supply
    Then out of SWM power supply to your receiver.

There is no other box involved if you have a SWM Dish (dish with only one output).

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post

There is no other box involved if you have a SWM Dish (dish with only one output).
      Confirmed slimline S3 swm dish. single cable comes out goes into splitter. Three from splitter go to regular boxes that receive all channels and work great. The last cable comes out and goes to power supply and then to HR22 where I don't get 209 & 311 and test channel 482 does not check out. My signal strength is in the 90's.

I've rebooted, reset, changed tuner from dual to single through system settings(this made it so I could only record one thing at a time with DVR...still no 209 or 311....have since changed it back), tried the other input on the back of the HR22 after I changed to single tuner. Kind of at a dead end unless I start rerunning cables. I'm thinking I will have to go up and reseat the connector @ the dish before I do that though.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post

Confirmed slimline S3 swm dish. single cable comes out goes into splitter. Three from splitter go to regular boxes that receive all channels and work great. The last cable comes out and goes to power supply and then to HR22 where I don't get 209 & 311 and test channel 482 does not check out. My signal strength is in the 90's.

I've rebooted, reset, changed tuner from dual to single through system settings(this made it so I could only record one thing at a time with DVR...still no 209 or 311....have since changed it back), tried the other input on the back of the HR22 after I changed to single tuner. Kind of at a dead end unless I start rerunning cables. I'm thinking I will have to go up and reseat the connector @ the dish before I do that though.

Comment

It's critical that the line out of the splitter going to the power supply be out of the POWER PASSING port on the splitter. You might want to confirm that.

Comment

If I disconnect that cable from that jack on the splitter, all boxes lose signal. So I assume that it is the right connection. The jacks aren't labeled on the splitter. It has the input for the signal and it splits 4 ways.

Comment

One output should be red - that's the power-passing port. If you don't have a red output, you likely don't have a SWM-compatible splitter, and that could certainly cause problems.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Fixed it! Finally got a ladder long enough to get up to it. "Tweaked" the dish to the left a little and it is all good. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate your time.

Comment

Working...
                X