Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comcast channels missing - Tivo or Comcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast channels missing - Tivo or Comcast?

I live in the SF Bay Area and use Comcast with a dual tuner card and Tivo HD. My problem is that there are several channels that are listed on Comcast's lineup for my address and package that show only gray screen when I go to them - both standard def and HD. Other channels I know I am not subscribed to give an error telling me to contact customer service if I want to view the channel.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Is it an issue on my end or is the signal not coming from Comcast, and how do I figure it out? I have the channels selected in the "channels I receive" list.

Offhand I suspect that Comcast simply lies about what is in the package to get us to sign up, its totally in their corporate DNA to do that, but one never knows - and I would be delighted to find that it has a technical solution.

Roger

Could they maybe be using Switched Digital Video (SDV)?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

it may be a signal issue. usually when channels are missing that you're supposed to get its either a signal issue or there is alot of noise on the line for those channel frequencies. so I would call in and have a tech come out and look at it. Lastly it may be SDV as Mike said.

Comment

Check out this trouble shooting guide from tivo:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/150

Check the signal strength and SNR and errors for other channels, too.

Comment

Working...
        X