Thread: Series 3/HDMI "HDMI Connection Not Permitted"

Default Series 3/HDMI "HDMI Connection Not Permitted"

Recieved my Series 3 from Weakness on Friday, plugged it in via HDMI direct to the TV on Sunday, put it on my home network and downloaded the most recent updates. I watched all of the analog channels on my Philips 63" Plasma (63PF9631D/37), everything looked great.

Cox came this morning and put an MCard into the TiVo along with a TV Tuner, both items were configured, channels were checked, everything worked great. I watched TV on the HD channels for 45 minutes, turned off the TV and left. I came home tonight (6 hours later), turned on the TV and was greeted with the message, "HDMI Connection Not Permitted". I rebooted the TiVo, hard reset the TV, did them together, separately...nothing, still got the message. Went Under "Account & System Information > System Information > HDMI Status" it shows "HDCP not Enabled".

HDMI worked this weekend, worked this morning, worked after the MCard and TV Tuner were configured, I watched TV, changed the channels...but now it doesn't work? The fact it worked earlier but now doesn't leads me to believe a TiVo update downloaded and messed up the HDMI connection, propably due to compatibility issues with the TV. I've tried the other HDMI input, a different HDMI cable, it's the same thing. I just don't get it.

I'm currently using audio + RBG for viewing. What's really weird, I'm not even viewing the HDMI signal but if I plug in the HDMI cable, the screen goes black and I get the message, "HDMI Connection Not Permitted", even on the component feed.

I'm baffled with this. Anybody have any ideas?

Yo!

When you initially got the message, did you have any other output cables plugged into the unit? If component cables were plugged in, I could see that the unit would have to go out of HDCP mode and that could cause something like this. But short of that, I can only guess that maybe there's a bad connection somewhere.

Copy protection run amok?

did you resolve this?

Default HDMI Connection not permitted

Is there a fix for this? I had the same problem when I used the component outputs to the A/V receiver in the living room and the HDMI output to the bedroom TV. Is there a fix for this?

Default Any Update?

My Series 3 (after years of sketchy HDMI connections) finally gave me this error and now it won't connect at all. Can the HDMI port be replaced?

Thanks!

If the HDMI is physically bad (eg. if wiggling a cable changes the output on your TV), then we can fix it.

Default Need to split HDMI to two TVs

Quote Originally Posted by sbryan View Post
    Is there a fix for this? I had the same problem when I used the component outputs to the A/V receiver in the living room and the HDMI output to the bedroom TV. Is there a fix for this?
    Is there no way to utilize both the HDMI and the component outputs simultaneously? I just want to be able to watch the same program on two TVs in different rooms.

On Series3, no, I don't believe you can. But I'm pretty sure all outputs are simultaneously active on the newer units.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

I see reply now, got it...