Series 3/HDMI "HDMI Connection Not Permitted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3/HDMI "HDMI Connection Not Permitted"

Recieved my Series 3 from Weakness on Friday, plugged it in via HDMI direct to the TV on Sunday, put it on my home network and downloaded the most recent updates. I watched all of the analog channels on my Philips 63" Plasma (63PF9631D/37), everything looked great.

Cox came this morning and put an MCard into the TiVo along with a TV Tuner, both items were configured, channels were checked, everything worked great. I watched TV on the HD channels for 45 minutes, turned off the TV and left. I came home tonight (6 hours later), turned on the TV and was greeted with the message, "HDMI Connection Not Permitted". I rebooted the TiVo, hard reset the TV, did them together, separately...nothing, still got the message. Went Under "Account & System Information > System Information > HDMI Status" it shows "HDCP not Enabled".

HDMI worked this weekend, worked this morning, worked after the MCard and TV Tuner were configured, I watched TV, changed the channels...but now it doesn't work? The fact it worked earlier but now doesn't leads me to believe a TiVo update downloaded and messed up the HDMI connection, propably due to compatibility issues with the TV. I've tried the other HDMI input, a different HDMI cable, it's the same thing. I just don't get it.

I'm currently using audio + RBG for viewing. What's really weird, I'm not even viewing the HDMI signal but if I plug in the HDMI cable, the screen goes black and I get the message, "HDMI Connection Not Permitted", even on the component feed.

I'm baffled with this. Anybody have any ideas?

Yo!

When you initially got the message, did you have any other output cables plugged into the unit? If component cables were plugged in, I could see that the unit would have to go out of HDCP mode and that could cause something like this. But short of that, I can only guess that maybe there's a bad connection somewhere.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Copy protection run amok?

did you resolve this?

Comment

HDMI Connection not permitted

Is there a fix for this? I had the same problem when I used the component outputs to the A/V receiver in the living room and the HDMI output to the bedroom TV. Is there a fix for this?

Comment

Any Update?

My Series 3 (after years of sketchy HDMI connections) finally gave me this error and now it won't connect at all. Can the HDMI port be replaced?

Thanks!

Comment

If the HDMI is physically bad (eg. if wiggling a cable changes the output on your TV), then we can fix it.

Comment

Need to split HDMI to two TVs

Originally posted by sbryan View Post
              Is there a fix for this? I had the same problem when I used the component outputs to the A/V receiver in the living room and the HDMI output to the bedroom TV. Is there a fix for this?
              Is there no way to utilize both the HDMI and the component outputs simultaneously? I just want to be able to watch the same program on two TVs in different rooms.

Comment

On Series3, no, I don't believe you can. But I'm pretty sure all outputs are simultaneously active on the newer units.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes & No, seems a 50/50 chance that series3 supports dual 1080i outputs w/both analog & digital. I tried fixed, native, stepping down, cables, displays, etc. I was just going to ask the same thing as my client has been able to do this (my install) for 10yrs+ w/series3! Yet I had issues 6months in, long ago.

I ask becuz he finally got the green blinking led of power supply, mother board, etc. Silly to fix an ancient HDTiVo imho so...... My QUESTION is: Are you all certain series4 & above will allow both hot @ same time? He will prob just do a Roamio Plus or Pro because of how I have his shared sources shared at the mec/rack setup. If not, is a major upgrade ya know. Again, can anyone else CONFIRM ALL OUTPUTS ARE HOT & no HDCP, signal not-supported, issues, etc ON SERIES4 & up!? Thnx much.

Comment

I copy/paste as a thread reply but it did not post. Are these approved 1st or use quick reply, what is diff?

Yes & No, seems a 50/50 chance that series3 supports dual 1080i outputs w/both analog & digital. I tried fixed, native, stepping down, cables, displays, etc. I was just going to ask the same thing as my client has been able to do this (my install) for 10yrs+ w/series3! Yet I had issues 6months in, long ago.

I ask becuz he finally got the green blinking led of power supply, mother board, etc. Silly to fix an ancient HDTiVo imho so...... My QUESTION is: Are you all certain series4 & above will allow both hot @ same time? He will prob just do a Roamio Plus or Pro because of how I have his shared sources shared at the mec/rack setup. If not, is a major upgrade ya know. Again, can anyone else CONFIRM ALL OUTPUTS ARE HOT & no HDCP, signal not-supported, issues, etc ON SERIES4 & up!? Thnx much.

Comment

I see reply now, got it...

Comment

Working...
                      X