Explorer 8240HDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer 8240HDC

Prior to purchasing my expander from weaKnees I sent an email to you guys to make sure that my unit would be compatible since it runs navigator (Time Warner Cable Northeast Ohio). I was told it would work however after receiving the unit it and setting it up (I did receive the initial "press A to reformat" message) I never saw any increase in my storage space. I have tried turning everything off and unplugging everything for another reboot, however that was unsuccessful. Any other trouble-shooting tips or is my DVR not compatible afterall?

Thanks!

Have you recorded more shows to see if that may trigger a recalculation on the remaining space available?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I recorded enough to tell me it was full - I was at about 80% full prior to installing the expander

Comment

And it's still at 80% now? What happens if you power it all down and power up with just the DVR?

Comment

its 80% without the expander... the expander I bought is a 1TB expander so there's no way that's at 80%.

Comment

I'd suggest you shut everything down, then connect the external. Power on the external, wait 30 seconds, then power on the DVR. You should get something on screen showing that the DVR recognizes the drive.

Comment

I tried powering everything down, connecting the hard drive, powering on the hard drive, waiting 30 - 60 seconds then power on the DVR and still I have seen no change to the available space.

Comment

What happens if you power up without it attached now?

Comment

I've tried several things over the past month trying to get this extender to work... even swapped out my HD DVR with a new one and no luck. Is there any chance that I can return the extender at this point for a refund?

Comment

Our return policy is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/payment.php

Comment

So since it's been more than 30 days its not possible then eh? Nice...

Comment

Working...
                      X