Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIO stuck on DirecTv Welcome screen after upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIO stuck on DirecTv Welcome screen after upgrade.

Replaced the hard drive on my Phillips DSR704. After powering up, displays welcome screen and does not recognize "Select" key press.

Is the new drive from us?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, it is sku rs160d704 per the invoice. Phillips DSR704 TIVO Upgrade kit, 160gb drive.

Comment

My guess is that's a loose cable inside. Check out both ends of the IDE cable and also the power cable going into the drive.

Comment

That was my next planned attempt, will let you know if it helps.
          I need my TIVO with Olympics coming and interfering with normal viewing habits. Had to endure freezes on old drive till now so to catch up on Heroes.

Comment

Tell us if it doesn't do the trick.

Comment

It now works. What happende was, the white ribbon cable, posering the front panel came off during install. I did have to go setup and my local channels were missing. Took awhile and several DirecTv personnel to find one that would send the reload locals, once he did that, locals back.

What would happen if old, worn out drive was installed as slave drive? Would the TIVO first fill master drive? Have a few programs I decided to lose to change out drive before Olympics.

Comment

Reinstalling an old drive is really not a good idea. If it fails, the new drive can't run until reformatted.

In any event, the two drives would have to be modified to work together.

Comment

Working...
                X