Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will try it over the weekend and let you know. Thanks,

Comment

Unable to test if the 1 tb 28E S-u2eS expansion drive works. Power supply was dead. Tried to find a replacement from tne weaknees website and could not find it. Is it available and, if so, how can I order it.

Comment

Please email us at [email protected] and we can send you special order instructions for that part.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I just installed 1TB expander to my SA 8300. Installed perfectly. Only problem is this pixilation freeze thing others are commenting on. It's not too prominent, but still a little annoying. What are the ideas for fixing this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Laz View Post
            I just installed 1TB expander to my SA 8300. Installed perfectly. Only problem is this pixilation freeze thing others are commenting on. It's not too prominent, but still a little annoying. What are the ideas for fixing this? Thanks.
            What model drive do you have? From us?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
              What model drive do you have? From us?
              Yes. Your 1TB drive.

Comment

We have heard of some (but not many) cable providers using software that doesn't like 1TB drives. Sometimes this can be resolved by getting a different (newer) cable box. You might want to check with your cable provider to see if this is an option.

Comment

I know that my SA 8300 HD uses SARA software, which seems to be what you recommend, but the only other box Cablevision offers comes with multi-room DVR, which stores on their server and doesn't allow for the expander. Also, I noticed that others who have written on this issue have lower capacity drives so I'm not sure that 1TB is the problem. Any other thoughts on this issue? Thanks.

Comment

You could ask for your DVR to be swapped out by Cablevision - there could be a problem with the eSATA port.
                    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X