Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jitter, stutter, and Pixelation

I really don't have a good guess here. Those results with the UPS are very strange. Maybe it's defective, despite the lamp test? A lamp isn't really sensitive to the steadiness of the power, like an IC.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Question Problems

Well I installed the 1T drive and lots of stutter and Pixilation. I did not notice a fix that worked so????

What are you plugged into? Where are you? What model cable box do you have? How old is it?

Default A brand new UPS solved my stutttering issue, however ...

Quote Originally Posted by VVitug View Post
    Same problem here. Got a 1tb expansion drive (Order #853376) and attached it to a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC running Mysto. The stuttering is just so irritating.

Will a UPS clear up the issue? Should both the DVR and the expansion drive be on the UPS?

Just ordered a UPS, hoping that it will fix it.
    The brand new UPS solved it beautifully and it worked perfectly since then. I plugged in both the DVR and the expansion unit into the new UPS.

Sorry I was not able to post an update.

Today, however, I changed over from Time-Warner to Verizon Fios and my DVR is now a Motorola 7232. Could I use my 328E S-u2eS expansion drive on the Motorola?

The specs on the Fios website state that the Motorola can use a Western Digital WDBACS0010HBK-NEV2. The drive on my expansion unit is a WD10EURS. Can I just plug it in?

If it will not work on the Motorola, what can I use it for? Hate to waste a good 1 tb drive.

Thanks

The following FiOS TV DVRs are compatible with the weaKnees external, from what we understand:

Motorola QIP 7216
    Motorola QIP 7232
    Cisco CHS 435 HDC

Will try it over the weekend and let you know. Thanks,

Unable to test if the 1 tb 28E S-u2eS expansion drive works. Power supply was dead. Tried to find a replacement from tne weaknees website and could not find it. Is it available and, if so, how can I order it.

Please email us at info@weaknees.com and we can send you special order instructions for that part.

I just installed 1TB expander to my SA 8300. Installed perfectly. Only problem is this pixilation freeze thing others are commenting on. It's not too prominent, but still a little annoying. What are the ideas for fixing this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Laz View Post
    I just installed 1TB expander to my SA 8300. Installed perfectly. Only problem is this pixilation freeze thing others are commenting on. It's not too prominent, but still a little annoying. What are the ideas for fixing this? Thanks.
    What model drive do you have? From us?