No announcement yet.

To SWM or Not To SWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last question, then I promise (sorta) that I'll shut up. In my situation, with a mix of old and new, and with already dual-wire everywhere, should I be considering a non-SWM? Is there a multi-switch that will fit me (10 tuners, 10 wires, 5 LNB dish) that I should consider? Won't I, that way, be able to still use my HR10-250s and my old SD DirecTiVo until I get around to replacing them?

Comment

You can use the legacy ports from the SWM, together with a conventional multiswitch, to feed the legacy equipment. If you want a non-SWM setup, you can get a 6x16, which has been discontinued, but we have a few in stock. Feel free to email us directly if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
        You can use the legacy ports from the SWM, together with a conventional multiswitch, to feed the legacy equipment. If you want a non-SWM setup, you can get a 6x16, which has been discontinued, but we have a few in stock. Feel free to email us directly if you are interested.
        So I can push out from the "legacy" ports on a new SWM to my existing Mulitswitch? Can you point me to a wiring diagram for this?

Thanks!

Comment

Never mind. I get it now (read your SWM8 site more carefully).

OK, I'll call tomorrow and talk to someone about ordering what I need. Any suggestions on a meter?

Comment

Bird Dog, Super Buddy are the big names in meters, I believe.

Comment

Working...
            X