DVD Burner Problems on my TIVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Burner Problems on my TIVO

My toshiba tx-60 TIVO with burner is experiencing internal erros when I attempt to burn a disk from the TIVO hard drive. I replaced this drive about two months from weeknees. this is when I started having problems with the burner. Is my burner going bad or is it just bad disks. But I have never had this manny bad disks. If it's the burner not being a 100% compatible with the newer hard drive , is there a compatable burner ?

What did you replace - the burner or the hard drive? Either one can be the culprit, so if you replaced one, the remaining culprit would likely be the other.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I replaced the Hard Drive....

Comment

Replacement burners are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-dvd-burners.php

and flat-fee repairs for that unit are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff

Comment

burner problems

Just installed new burner, and Hard drive only a few months old. Still getting internal error messages when i try to burn a DVD? Is the new hard drive bad? out of ideas...

Comment

Are you trying to burn many different shows, or the same show repeatedly?

Comment

burner problems

different epsoides of same show. it burn an eposde when it wants too. for an example eposode #5, it wouldn't let me burn it on the first two trys, but it worked on the third one. Eposde #6 burnt on the first try and now #7 is giving me the same erroe messages i got on eposde#5.

Comment

Have you tried other brands of DVD?

Comment

burner problems

two different drands of dvd-rw's

Comment

I'd suggest you try 8x DVD-R. Also, though, it is possible that the guide data for the show you're trying to burn is corrupt, which can cause this problem. You might try some shows on different stations.

Comment

burner problems

Just tried 8X dvd-r , on a different program same result first few eposdes worked, last few wouldn't work with any dvd.

Comment

This suggests that you might have an issue with certain recordings, if specific shows burn, but others don't.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. I tried to burn 4 episodes of one 1/2 hour show and every time I got the "saving failed due to internal error" message. So I tried one show at a time on the same DVD and it worked every time. Then I tried to burn the same 4 episodes again and got the error. Then I used the same DVD to burn 4 episodes of another 1/2 hour show and it worked. I don't know if it's the media or the drive...?? *shrug*

Comment

I'd try a kickstart 54 to see if the drive has issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X