Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best subscription deal these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best subscription deal these days?

I ran across an old forum (2004) where members were talking about Tivo's customer retention plan where you could call them up, threaten to cancel your service, and they'd drop your $12.95/mo plan down to $6.95 for life. Does anyone know if they still offer that? If not, what's the best deal going these days? It looks like their lifetime subscription has gone up a lot! I have yet to buy a Tivo and will not unless I can find a better deal than $12.95/mo or $399 lifetime.

Thanks for your help!

We really haven't seen deals on TiVo subs for years . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hmm, so they no longer try and retain customers by giving a reduced rate when you threaten to cancel? I've been looking into used units on eBay that come with lifetime subscriptions, but they're still quite expensive...and if the unit dies, the lifetime subscription goes with it :\

Comment

I'm super irritated with TiVo, as well.

I've been a customer since 1999.

A couple of years ago they had a special on the web site, which included transfering my subscription.

My box is now malfunctioning and they want to charge me a fee to transfer my subscription, in addition to buying a new box!

I think that's a terrible business model. Shame on them.

Comment

Maybe a repair is your best bet? See:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff

Comment

TiVo Repair

If a Series 3 has a hard drive failure and is stuck on the welcome screen, if I send the unit in to WeaKnees along with my WeaKnees 1TB expander, can any of the shows be saved that I have recorded?

Comment

Likely not, sorry to say. We can try, but the "powering up" screen usually means a drive is beyond repair.

Comment

I have five Tivo's some which are very old, but all with upgraded hard Drives (thanks Weakness). I am gradually replacing the older ones with the new 4 tuner Tivo....Birthday coming up and will add my third new one....anyway....on those that I was paying a monthly charge, when I called to cancel...they offered me a lifetime subscription for $99 which I took and then gave the old Tivo's which would have been useless to sell to my children. Now they have a cheap Tivo with a lifetime subscription for only $99. A great deal for something I would have put on a shelf.

Comment

Yup - amazing deal! Keep those units running!

Comment

Working...
                  X