Two HR24, second one keep freezing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two HR24, second one keep freezing up

I recently have new Directv Service installed in May. It came with the new dish with SWM built in, one cable coming into the house, connected to a 4-way splitter. The first port then go to a Power Insertor, and the IRD end goes to my HR24.

The second port go upstair to my sturdy, to a 2-way splitter. One end of the 2-way splitter go to a DECA box for my router, and the 2nd port go to a H24. I have not use the H24 frequently but it seems to work fine.

Then I got another HR24 and replaced the H24. Ever since I activated the second HR24, it started freezing up from time to time, up to a few seconds. No image, or very sluglish. It seemed to work fine for a few hours, and then problem started again.

I have since moved the second HR24 to my living room, disconnected the cable that goes to my sturdy. So the Deca is not connected to eh 4 way switch now.

From the 4 way swtich, port 1 goes to HR24-1, and port 3 goes to HR24-2. Port 2 and 4 have terminator on.

Now it is worse. I power on HR24, and it would me any programming past 2-3 minutes. Freeze, and come back. All the menu operation sometimes work and some times don't. I have also reset everything, and letting it reboot may many times.

I also tried connecting port 3 to HR21-1, and port 1 to HR24-2. No difference. I have not reset HR21-1, since it is working and I don't want to risk anything . At least I can still record programming through it.

Could there be any problem with my splitter or dish? Anything I can test?

Thanks.

Are you saying that a single HR24 is giving you problems regardless of location, or that BOTH HR24s are giving you problems, but ONLY at one location?

Comment

Working...
    X