No announcement yet.

8300 HD Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to say that I was not able to solve the problem. I ended up sending the external drive back to WeaKnees and eating the shipping costs and the restocking fee. Programs recorded on the internal drive (before, during and after the external drive was connected) played back just fine.

Comment

Miarcle Cure for Pixelation!

I'm using the 500G HD to extend the SA8300HD DVR. It would hesitate, pixelate and make strange digital noises several times an hour. It happened whether recording, playing back recordings or watching regular TV (which means it's also recording) A UPS improved the situation somewhat. What really worked was moving the Hard Drive enclosure several feet away from the DVR and making sure that the eSATA cable wasn't coiled and was well away from other wires! It hasn't burped or pixellated since! I have no idea why this worked, but it completely handled the problem.

Comment

Pretty bizarre - maybe some type of interference was occuring.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

No Miracle after all - Duh!

I was all excited until I noticed that the disk spaced used had increased a lot. I was trying to play some recorded programs and the SA8300HD couldn't find them. I had disconnected the Hard Drive while I moved it and the SA8300HD hadn't found it. When I booted correctly I got all my disk space back but also the occasional glitch - Duh!

I wonder if the problem is with the SA8300HD and whether I should exchange it. It seems some people have this weird problem but most people don't.

Comment

I tried two of your maxtors with my 8300, but neither one worked properly. Are the other drives in the maxtor case any better? I would like to try one but am gunshy now.
            JR

Comment

We have had nothing but great luck with those external QVX drives; the few people with repeated problems had issues with their cable box. if the drive isn't working at all, then perhaps you don't have the right software?

Comment

They worked, just not properly. Too many jerks, stutters and pauses to be usable. Could it have been the cable?
                JR

Comment

Yes - or bad power. Try a new cable and a UPS:

http://www.weaknees.com/protect.php
                  Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X