Wireless Adapter causes reboot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Adapter causes reboot.

I have a Humax T2500, Series 2 TIVO, with Netgear Wireless adapter that begins with Serial Number 130... According to TIVO this is a compatible adapter. Nonetheless, while i am sometimes able to use it to connect to my network and download updates, it invariably will eventually cause the DVR to reboot usually repeatedly.

I have left it off and have used a phone line strung across the room when i run out of programming information. Now I am looking at getting a hard drive replacement because it is freezing up after only a little more than 1 year since I got it (I had to replace the original within a month) and HUMAX customer support told me it I had to restart the unit three times to defragment the Hard Drive, and if that didn't work, that it was a software problem. TIVO forums suggest a weaKnees replacement.

If I am doing a replacement, is it likely this will fix my wireless adapter problem? If not, any suggestions?

We've actually seen a lot of problems that are related to specific wireless adapters. Many are fixed with the latest OS version. What version is your TiVo running?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

My version is 8.1-01-2-590

Comment

That should be safe, but for best results we highly recommend the TiVo wireless G adapter.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

With the new hard drive, the problem continues. The hard drive works great (thanks) so it is time to get a new compatible wireless adapter that you recommended.

Comment

Working...
          X