Multi Room Viewing Internet connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Room Viewing Internet connection

I just received a new Directv system, and I am trying to find the least painful way to get multi-room viewing to work. I have a HR24, and two H24's.
    As far as I have it now, the multi-room feature works as long as I do not have an Ethernet connection from my Ethernet switch connected. The system info indicated that coax networking is enabled, and the non-DVR boxes will find the DVR just fine and it works good. The problem is that I can not get an Ethernet port to work on any box once the coax networking is enabled. If I connect Ethernet to one of the boxes, I have to reboot to make the Ethernet port active again - and by then then the coax networking has stopped.
    So, as it stands, I will have to wire all boxes back to the switch. I hoped that the built in DECA in the H24's would allow coax networking while connecting to the Internet via Ethernet port on one of the H24's.
    Is there a trick to make that work? Do I need an external DECA to "insert" the Internet into the coax?
    Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

You need our DECA router package - it's the last item here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-deca-networking-mrv.php

Use a SWM line to the DECA adapter, and go out to the router, and also provide power to the DECA adapter. That should do it!
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

OK, sounds like an inexpensive option, thank you!
      I hope that a future firmware upgrade to the 24 series receivers will allow the built-in coax adapters to route IP from the Ethernet connection in the back of the receivers to other units via coax, it appears to be redundant to need an external coax adapter if all units have one built in already.

Comment

Well, it's not really redundant. You could have a CAT 5 network for networking, and a non-SWM DirecTV supply.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X