Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Definitive solution for stuttering/pixelation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitive solution for stuttering/pixelation?

I just bought a 1 tb expander kit for the SA 8300hd from you guys and like some people in this forum I experience pixelation and stuttering when viewing recorded programs.

I haven't found a definitive solution for this in these forums. Is there one?

This seems to be a fairly common and old issue. What's the deal?

I have Cox cable and I live in Fairfax, Virginia. My DVR runs Sara version 1.89.27.1

By the way, I got a new esata cord and have both the DVR box and the drive connected to a UPS unit.

Comment

Have you rebooted both units? Are you on a UPS?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I rebooted both units; yes, I have both units connected to a UPS; and yes, it keeps stuttering and pixelating.

Comment

It's most likely either you cable box or the software version that it's running. SARA is generally compatible, but in rare cases, it seems that there are some s/w versions that seem to have some problems. Have you talked to the cable company?

Comment

My TiVo Pixelates just like other users. New 1TB WK hdd less than one year old

Hi: My Humax TiVo does the same thing about once per playback. Image freezes for one second (sound continues) then starts pixelating and re-freshing the image then playback continues.

Running Humax Serie 2 TiVo on an APC Smart-UPS with basic Comcast cable TV, no cable boxes. TiVo connected to TV#1 via S-Video and TV#2 via RF coax. Only view one at a time.

Don't know about TiVo software. I am connected to TiVo via Comvast high-speed Internet. Assume you upgraded it when you replaced the harddrive.

Yes, I read all the previous quick answers. IS THERE A DEFRAG OPTION AND/OR CAN WE ERASE ALL THE SAVED PROGRAMS AND START OVER? ANY OTHER REASONABLY PRICED IDEAS OTHER THAN DUMP THE UNIT? I know that my days are numbered and I will have to get a digital unit. Thanks, George

Comment

There's no defrag option for TiVos.

You should try a kickstart 54 to diagnose your drive:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-hd-tests.php
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X