Great TiVo Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great TiVo Tips

We have a few TiVo Tips posted in various place on our website. Here are links to each. Have more? Please post!

30 Second Skip - Truly vital to the TiVo experience

Sort Now Playing List (older models - newer have it already)

Season Pass Manager - Ways to be more efficient and waste less time

Others?
    Been here a long time . . .

I particularly like the on-screen time display, with recorded program elapsed time.
    SELECT-PLAY-SELECT-9-SELECT

Comment

I heard it was select play select 30 select.. what is the difference between that and 9
      Last edited by dbustos; 11-19-2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

One is a 30-second skip; the other changes how fast the on-screen green bar stays when you press ff/rew, etc. They are two completely different tips.

Comment

I can't get the 30 second skip feature working with the new S3 box. It works just fine with my S2 box but not the S3 box. Is the programing different for the S3 box?

Comment

No - it really should work. Are you sure you're playing an existing recording?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks, Michael. I was finally able to get the 30 second skip working after numerous attempts. I don't have this problem with my 2 other TiVo units. Pilot error, I guess.

Comment

elapsed time/clock

Now that I have the elapsed time/clock feature, how do I get rid of it?

Comment

Is there a reverse for 30 second skip

Is there a way to make it go backwards 30 seconds as well?

Comment

Originally posted by wOMBAT129 View Post
                    Now that I have the elapsed time/clock feature, how do I get rid of it?
                    To disable the feature, just re-enter the string of keys again...DONE!

Back to the original post...any other "codes" (useful or not) that can be entered? I'm sure someone has spent an afternoon entering SELECT-PLAY-SELECT-x-y-z-SELECT (x,y,z = all digits from 0-9)! Anything else found?

Comment

Direct TV TIVO remote

I tried to get the 30 second skip, but apparently the Direct TV (R-10) remote(RC1704703/00 B) won't work that way. HELP! Can I just buy a regular TIVO remote to use or ??

Also how can I jump through the guide 12 hours , or a day at a time to check upcomming programs. When I get to a few days ahead, every time I set up a record function with the darn thing, (the guide) seems to automatically jump back to current time. This is really tedious if you want to go out a week or so.

I didn't like my R-15, last year got Direct TV to send an R-10 just trying to get back closer to the functions my old RCA DW 490 used to have. This seems better but I miss the 30 second jump.
                      Progress should be a positive experience!

Comment

Working...
                      X