Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 SD-DVR40 upgrade questions

Hello to all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with these.

1) I've got a Hughes SD-DVR40 DirecTivo that I upgraded/expanded some time ago replacing it's original, single A drive with two new 160GB A&B drives. At this point, the drives are nearing capacity and showing signs of failure so I wanted to copy each of them to two new 500GB drives to save the content and add some more space to the box. Is this possible or am I stuck at my current capacity?

and...

2) I'd like to make a 1:1 safety copy of just the A drive (160GB) to another drive? If I wanted to use a larger drive as the backup target (no desire to expand after copying, I'm thinking about of using a spare drive that I had lying around so I wouldn't have to buy another 160gb just for the mirror copy) is that too possible? If so, how would I go about it?

lastly...

3) If question 2 is doable, could I use the new backup A drive in place of the failing A drive for the upgrade process in question 1?

--
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mongoslade; 08-17-2010, 10:15 AM.

1 - We can do that here, but that's not something you can really do yourself. We can't guarantee a successful copy if the drives are failing, but we can try.

2 - You'd have to use 'dd' to copy only one drive. That may leave you with a problematic drive since it's a copy of a married drive. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X