Picture Jerkiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Jerkiness

When a played-back show is panning across the screen, I sometimes see jerkiness instead of it being smooth. It appears that some frames of the video are being skipped. i wanted to see if this might be a machine problem.

The live programs never do this - all panning is normal with no jerkiness. This only happens during playback.

The jerkiness does not come and go for any given show. It persists during the entire show.

Sounds like a dying hard drive. If you replay a bad segment, is it the same each time? What model DVR?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Picture Jerkiness

Yes, playing back the recorded show will show the exact same jerkiness/ missing frames symptom in the video. I have tested it during quiet times when nothing is being recorded and during busy times when both tuners are recording two shows - with the same result.

This only happens on some video/shows, not on all recordings.

This is a relatively new (July this year) HR24 that you sent.

Comment

I think you emailed this same question, and in the email, you said that the problem was only on content downloaded via broadband (video on demand). It's not a drive problem if you don't have issues on live TV and only have it on VoD content, for example.

I suspect your issues may be related to something outside your unit, but it's hard to know for sure.

You might want to try a red-button reset for starters. Press the red button inside the access card door, next to your access card.

Comment

Yes, mostly the jerkiness is from VOD content, however, I have seen it on live programs that are recorded too. I am trying to rule out a case where what I see live (and recording) is different from what I subsequently play back. I'll do the reset, as you suggested, and run some other tests.

Comment

OK - tell us what you find.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X