Multi-Room DVR Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Room DVR Question

So maybe I misunderstood and someone can correct me. I'll kind of explain my question then my setup just to make sure I'm clear. It was my understand that with mutli-room viewing I could watch two shows at a time from any given dvr. I just got the system installed yesterday and only appear to be able to watch one show at a time remotely.

Example: I have 3 DVRs all hooked up to the internet with DECA connections (DVR-A, DVR-B, DVR-C). I was under the impression that I could watch DVR-A-Show1 on DVR-B and at the same time be able to watch DVR-A-Show2 on DVR-C.

Currently if I'm watching DVR-A-Show1 on DVR-B, when I view the play list on DVR-C, it shows a red circle with a white line through it and when I try to play it says I can't watch any more shows from the DVR.

Have I misunderstood something or is something not working correctly?

Thanks for your help!

You can only stream one show at a time from a DVR. DVR-A cannot play two different shows (one to DVR-B and one to DVR-C) at the same time.

Comment

Figures D* would make it sound better than it is.

"With DIRECTV's Whole-Home DVR service, you and your family can watch two recorded shows at the same time on separate TVs"....as long as one of those two TV's is connected to the DVR the recording is on.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2737

Thanks for the reply Jeff, that will help me organize my recordings.

Comment

Well, technically, that's right. One TV just has to be directly attached to the DVR where the recording is. The other can be networked.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X