TivoHD with a dead HDMI port...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TivoHD with a dead HDMI port...

So I recently plugged in a USB cable to my PC which is on the same surge protector as my Tivo and got a flashing blue spark, all power in the room almost went out, and I got a minor shock as soon as the plug touched the USB port. Ever since, my HDMI port has been dead. Guess it got fried being that it's on the same surge protector as my PC. Anyway, called Tivo and betwen the money they want to fix it AND the money they want to transfer my lifetime subscription over to the factory refurb I figured I'll just use component cables. Can weaknees fix this? Has anyone had their HDMI port fixed before? Is it pricey? Thanks!

We can replace the actual connector itself, but my guess is that the problem here is a bit deeper, on the motherboard.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

same problem - broken HDMI port

Component cables work, but HDMI cables do not (I've tried different TVs and different cables - same result). TiVo sales representative recommended I come to this forum to see how it can be fixed (and then sell it with its Lifetime PS on Ebay). Is it true this is unfixable? Does that make it impossible to sell?

Comment

We can fix most of them - email us at [email protected] for details.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X