swm8, legacy and flex ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swm8, legacy and flex ports

Hi,,,Does the legacy port on the SWM8 provide programming from the flex ports (95 degrees international programming, for example), or ONLY 101,110, and 119?

Is there any way to split one legacy output cable to feed other legacy receivers? Assuming not, and that only 2 legacy outputs going into a multiswitch can feed multiple legacy receivers, would those outputs get the international programming from 95 degrees that is going into the flex port? Which multiswitch works best when trying to split the legacy outputs to feed more legacy receivers?

Thanks,,,NYSatelliteman

You really can't re-split legacy lines.

And no, you don't get anything beyond 101, 110, and 119 on those ports. 99 and 103 don't come through, nor flex port connections, nor OTA.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Michael.

Are you 100% sure about the flex port not coming out of the legacy port?

I am just wondering how these legacy ports work to only allow certain satellite signals and not others. If I have a legacy receiver that was designed to receive 72 degrees/95 degrees, and the receiver can get 101, 110, 119 from the legacy output, what is happening internally-- either in the receiver or the SWM switch to prevent the legacy receiver from "seeing" those additional slots? Does it matter what kind of LNB these flex port dishes use, or that is irrelevant?

From the on screen satellite set-up from a SWM-compatible receiver, it shows the 95 degree international satellite as being at 13v/odd transponder. So, how can the legacy output successfully send out 101 and 119 at 13v (odd)/18v (even), and 110 at 18v (even), and not the 95 degreed flex port output as mentioned above at 13v/odd?

I am curious why 99/103 don't get outputted, as well, via legacy, but since those satellites use newer technology, I'm assuming a basic incompatibility with older receivers. But since the older Hughes receivers, for example, were designed via software updates in 2004/2005 to receive 72.5/95, why can't or don't the legacy outputs send the signal to the legacy receivers if it can send 101,110, 119. The legacy receivers can clearly interpret the signal if it is sent. Thank you if you can educate me on this.
      Last edited by nysatelliteman; 10-21-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

As far as I know, the SWM just limits the data going to those ports to data from LNBs aimed at 101, 110 and 119.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X