signal problem HR24-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal problem HR24-100

Hello I recently purchased a 5-lnb-s swm satellite for the deer camp,I am having trouble getting a satellite signal to the HR24-100 box,error code 771A.
    I set the satellite up in the yard on the provided tripod,used a satellite finder to get the signal,I have rebooted the reciever,unplugged the reciever,taken the card out of the reciever,still when it is connected thru the provided P121R-01 power supply I get searching for satellite,error code 771A. zeros on all transponders. Can you help me please.....

18 slimline 5s
    01 SWM
    tuners dual

Dish 5-LNB-S
    Azim 187
    Elev 55
    Tilt 80

How long is the run to the receiver?

Did the SAT finder see all five satellites?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The run is approx 50 ft,and the satellite finder does not tell me which satellites just that it is a strong signal, when I press reset,I noticed that the reciever saves the information that was on the reciever. It still has the 77539 zipcode the dvr list remains intact. when the reciever reboots it changes to the new dish,but all transponders say 0.

Comment

Is the SAT finder compatible with SWM?

Comment

The sat finder is a DMS International freq 950-2150mhz
          poer DC 13-18V. It does not say it is specifically for swm but after getting the audible tone and a reading of 10,I have tried it with the sat finder in line and without,but still the reciever does not find the satellite. I thought by pushing the red reset and unplugging the reciever it would reboot and find the signal,but so far no luck.
          Thanks

Comment

I don't know that meter specifically, but their website doesn't talk about SWM as far as I can find. I think you're getting an incorrect reading there.

Comment

Well the new dish is pointed the same direction as the installed dish, when the reciever reboots ans switches to the new dish if it is in the general area of the birds shouldnt some of the trasponders pic up something?

Comment

Originally posted by john m baker View Post
                Well the new dish is pointed the same direction as the installed dish, when the reciever reboots ans switches to the new dish if it is in the general area of the birds shouldnt some of the trasponders pic up something?
                general direction dont work ... it has to be pointed directly at the sat ...then fine tuned...

check & verify the settings ... be sure that the settings are for the 5lnb dish ...not the older 3lnb dish for your zipcode

be certain that the pole is plumb ... & good line of site.. no blockages... with all the settings correct .. point dish too far to the west ,Then slowly move to the south .... you should cross the path of the 101 sat... then just fine tune it in...

Comment

Originally posted by ebmsjml View Post
                  general direction dont work ... it has to be pointed directly at the sat ...then fine tuned...

check & verify the settings ... be sure that the settings are for the 5lnb dish ...not the older 3lnb dish for your zipcode

be certain that the pole is plumb ... & good line of site.. no blockages... with all the settings correct .. point dish too far to the west ,Then slowly move to the south .... you should cross the path of the 101 sat... then just fine tune it in...
                  Yep clear line of site,pole plumb,reciever set to 5lnb swm, still not finding satellite.

Comment

I really do think it's an aiming issue. These are not very forgiving in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                      I really do think it's an aiming issue. These are not very forgiving in that department.
                      i agree for the hd sats ... but to get the 101 if the settings are all correct & good los ,it should see the sat ... ... i think that there is one little thing that is not quite right ...

Comment

New sat finder for swm,now working great,thanks guys

Comment

Excellent! Glad that did the trick.

Comment

Local channels

Hey guys thanks again for the help,I have the sattellite dish sett up at the lease and it is working,but I cant get my local channels.

99c
                            all appear to be good and 103 california. any suggestions

Comment

Are you sure DirecTV has locals turned on for you?

You might need to wait a bit for the servers to send the authorization signal to the unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X