SWM8 and Cable Modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 and Cable Modem

My internet service is provided via cable modem. I have purchased a SWM8 and would like to feed the cable signal into the house via the SWM8 off air antenna port. Furthermore, I'd like to distribute the satellite and cable signal throughout the home via the existing cabling and the SWM 1x8 splitter. I only have a single cable running to each receiver location. I also need to feed the cable modem and receiver at one location.

Is it possible to distribute both signals, via one cable, by placing a diplexer at the location of the cable modem. (Cable modem will be downstream of the 1x8 splitter).

Thanks for your help.

Generally, yes, this will work, but you don't need a diplexer at the cable modem. Just send the signal into the off-air port. You DO need SWM diplexers wherever you want to split the modem and sat signal.

Keep in mind that if you do this, you CANNOT use multi-room viewing in your system.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

My cable modem is sitting right next to one of my receivers. This location is fed by only one cable. Am I correct in assuming I would have to use a diplexer at this location to split the combined signal coming in on the single cable, one to the receiver and one to the cable modem?

Is it also true that the diplexer would not be needed if the cable modem were the only device being fed a single cable with a combined satelite/cable signal?

Again thanks for your help.

Comment

You would use a diplexer in either case.

Comment

Working...
        X