Retrieving Programs after MFS corrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving Programs after MFS corrupted

I have a Phillips DSR7000/17 with a 320GB drive with an upgrade that went wrong. Not sure what happened but when I tried to add a second 320GB drive I got a GSOD which cycled to power up screen.

I have since rebuilt a new 320GB drive with instantcake and am back in business with all functions working.

I would like to recover some of the programs on my old 320GB drive.
    I have used MFS tools to try and recover the drive. Tried to run MFSINFO on the drive but it says Not a Tivo Drive and volume header corrupted.

I have run diagnostics on the drive and it is good so its not a disc failure.

I have tried to divorce the B drive using Mfssplit but it wont complete.

Is there anyway to repair the corrupted volume header so I can access the programs on the original drive and record them to tape.

Please advise

I really don't know of any way to get back what's gone at this point. There just aren't tools for something like that in the MFS world.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks WK-Michael. Bad news but at least I can stop searching for a solution.
      I am surprised you cannot do more repairs on the MFS.
      When i look at the partitions they are all intact so I know the media content is on the drive. Just cant figure a way to get to it. I wondered if you can copy the media partition to another working drive. Any thoughts?

Comment

It's the table of contents that's really the problem. Files are easy, but mapping them together is virtually impossible.

Comment

So there is no way to use MFS_ftp to extract them

Comment

Nope - and even if you got the files, they're encrypted, and can only be decrypted through the motherboard that recorded them.

Comment

Working...
            X