SMW16 Receiver Capacity Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMW16 Receiver Capacity Questions

I have a SMW16 connected and I am using a total 5 Dual Tuner SWM DVRs, 3 Single Tuner DirecTV SWM receivers, and one legacy non-SWM DirectTV single tuner receiver. I have all but two of the DRVs connected to an 8:1 splitter on the first SWM output port of my SWM16 multiswitch and I have the remaining 2 DVRs connected to the second SWM output port of my SWM16 multiswitch via a 4:1 splitter. For some reason, the last SMW DIrecTV receiver on the first output port (the one with the 8:1) splitter cannot get a SWM allocation from the multiswitch. Can some help me understand what is going on? Do each of the SWM output ports on the multiswitch have access to all 16 SWM appearances in the SMW16 multiswitch or do each of the two ports only have access to 8 SWM appearances? Also, do the legacy ports use one of the 16 SWM ports available in the multiswitch?

Thanks,

- Fred

Originally posted by fkemmerer View Post
    I have a SMW16 connected and I am using a total 5 Dual Tuner SWM DVRs, 3 Single Tuner DirecTV SWM receivers, and one legacy non-SWM DirectTV single tuner receiver. I have all but two of the DRVs connected to an 8:1 splitter on the first SWM output port of my SWM16 multiswitch and I have the remaining 2 DVRs connected to the second SWM output port of my SWM16 multiswitch via a 4:1 splitter. For some reason, the last SMW DIrecTV receiver on the first output port (the one with the 8:1) splitter cannot get a SWM allocation from the multiswitch. Can some help me understand what is going on? Do each of the SWM output ports on the multiswitch have access to all 16 SWM appearances in the SMW16 multiswitch or do each of the two ports only have access to 8 SWM appearances? Also, do the legacy ports use one of the 16 SWM ports available in the multiswitch?

Thanks,

- Fred

each port, to my understanding, supports only 8 tuners....the legacy port is separate from the swm

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Working...
      X