Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR-24/SWM issues

Hi

Ive been getting a bit stumped on this one. Not sure if there is anything else I am overlooking here.

Have a new HR24 that will not keep an active connection/signal on Tuner1.
    I am setup a with a SWM8 and along with a HR23 unit that is working with no issues. The HR24 is setup in the same spot as the HR23 had previously been.

The spot has 2 cable runs from the pre SWM days and both cables have had the same result. Signal strength in ranging from 92-95. Same results if going directly to the PI or connected to the 4-swm splitter (using a DECA setup and test with this and without as well).

If I unplug the unit for a couple minutes it will get an active connection that gets me past the setup screens and will download the satellite info. At some point tuner 1 drops and the 771 error appears.

Is this a bad receiver or are there other items I am missing here.

Could be a bad receiver.

Have you tried pressing the red reset button?

What exact model of PI are you using?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

When pressing the red button it after rebooting it gets stuck at the 2 of 2 screen with the 771 error. At that point I have to unplug for a couple minutes

PI-28 for the PI

Comment

771 is a SAT error. Have you tried the HR23 back in this location?

Comment

Yes
          I put the HR23 back and working with no issues
          HR 24 has same issue in other room

Comment

swm issues

So I dont know where to begin... i recently had a new hr-24 receiver swapped for a defective hr-22... about 10 days pass and then I get the 771A error and nothing works on either of my receivers. Ran the tests and it says there is no signal coming from the SWM.

Coincidentally we had some rain in the area the day that the incident occurred. For 4 months since I have had everything installed, no issues with signal. Any ideas? It looks like the SWM is outside by the dish on the roof. Not sure if there is a direct power going into it but I dont think so because the only cable that comes in the house via the attic looks like it goes right to the TV.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by orbital View Post
              Yes
              I put the HR23 back and working with no issues
              HR 24 has same issue in other room
              Sounds pretty clearly like a bad unit then. I'd call DirecTV and have them swap it out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulie63 View Post
                So I dont know where to begin... i recently had a new hr-24 receiver swapped for a defective hr-22... about 10 days pass and then I get the 771A error and nothing works on either of my receivers. Ran the tests and it says there is no signal coming from the SWM.

Coincidentally we had some rain in the area the day that the incident occurred. For 4 months since I have had everything installed, no issues with signal. Any ideas? It looks like the SWM is outside by the dish on the roof. Not sure if there is a direct power going into it but I dont think so because the only cable that comes in the house via the attic looks like it goes right to the TV.

Any thoughts, anyone?
                Do you have any other units on the system? Can you try swapping locations of the units to isolate the wiring from the receiver?

Comment

Working...
                X