Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, need some clarification on swm8

Hi guys,
    As you can see I'm new here and kinda new to all this swm stuff. Can someone clarify something for me. If I have a sl3pig lnb with 4 lines running to the house shouldn't i just need the swm8 switch, power inserter, and a deca adapter to use a single line for my hr24 and hr23 (with deca) to get mrv. If so why does directv want to replace my dish and charge me 260+ dollars to do it? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I've looked in other thread but can't find a definite answer.

Yes - that's right. Then you can run one line from each SWM port to each DVR, and put a DECA adapter on the HR23 and be all set.

If you also want to get internet access to each machine, you'll need a DECA/router package and a 1x2 SWM splitter.
    Last edited by WK-Michael; 12-04-2010, 09:00 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

If I only care about internet to the hr24 can't i just hook up the Ethernet cable from the router. What is the advantage ofthe deca router package? Also i have a standard box in another room that i don't care if it has mrv, how would that hook up?

Comment

If you only want Internet and not MRV, then you can use an Ethernet cable to the HR24. Ethernet to the HR24 disables MRV functionality.

Comment

Thank you for all the info. I'm not trying to be a pain. So you are saying I have to use the deca adapter if I want mrv and on demand? And what does "green label" mean and do i need to worry about it?

Comment

sorry to keep bombarding you guys with questions but i need all the help i can get. i refuse to pay $270 to have directv install something i can do myself. i just dont want to screw anything up. anyway what is this bridge for, and will the swm switch replace it or do i still need it after i'm done. IMG_20101203_185251.jpg

Comment

That just looks like a grounding bridge.

Right - for MRV, you need to either have ethernet to each unit through the same router, or DECA on the SWM.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X