Directv Whole-Home SWM8 Internet Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv Whole-Home SWM8 Internet Connection

My goal is to upgrade my current Directv system (Listed below) to a "Whole-Home" Configuration with the internet connected.

I am not sure what all I need. By what I see here it looks like I need the SWM8 switch and a DIRECTV-Approved SWM Splitter (1x8). Will I also need the "Deca Router Package" and "Decca Switch's" to get the internet to each DVR or for the DVR's to communicate. Or will the configuration listed below eliminate the need for the Decca router and switch's.

I Currently have a Directv System with a
    1. SlimLine 5LNB Dish (4 Cables)
    2. Two HR21-200 DVR's & Two HR22-100 DVR's
    3. One GigaBit Router
    4. Four GigaBit Switches (Hard Wired) One At Each TV For DVR & DVD Player Internet Access

Please advise if I've missed anything.
    Pete

Well, if you have gigabit already, you can just run ethernet to each unit and do MRV (multi room viewing) that way. You don't need SWM + DECA for MRV, just a network connection, which your ethernet can easily supply.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you!

If the setup I have will work....what steps do I take from here to (set it up) or get it too work?

PS: I have contacted Directv regarding activation and they don't seem willing to do anything without selling me a couple hundred dollars worth of goods and services.

Pete
      Last edited by pscram; 12-16-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Just call them and tell them that all of your units are networked, and you'd like to pay them $3/month to enable Whole Home DVR.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X