Networking DVD players and HR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking DVD players and HR24

I have several HR24s that I just hooked up, as well as 1 HR21 and 1 HR21Pro. They are all networked an working well through a SWM16. I have DECA adapters on the HR21 and the HR21Pro, and the HR24s I have just hooked up directly to the cable. I used to have the HR21 in a room where there was also a networked DVD player adjacent to it, so I plugged it into the 2nd network port on the HR21 and this functioned - it had its own IP address and it was networked. I tried the same now using the network port on the HR24, but this does not seem to network the DVD player anymore. Does anyone know if it possible to network my DVD players through the new HR24 sat boxes?

You can't do it...once you connect an Ethernet cable to the HR24, the DECA is disabled.

You can, however, split the coax off the HR24 and get a DECA and DECA power supply and get Internet access to the DVD player that way.

Comment

If I split the coax before the DVR and run a DECA to the DVD for the network does this take an additional satellite spot on my SWM?

Comment

No. Just be sure you use a SWM-compatible splitter. See:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm

Comment

Working...
        X