swm dish & mrv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swm dish & mrv

someone told me that they had the original setup with a router & all recvrs networked to it & was doing mrv .....
    suddenly it stopped working .... dtv told him he needed to have someone come out & install deca to continue using his mrv system...

i thought i saw somewhere here that all you needed to do in this case was call & have it reactivated for a $3.00 monthly charge ??????????

anyone know anything on this....

The old Beta program allowed you to connect all receivers to Ethernet. Then DIRECTV got nasty and insisted on MRV being connected to SWM. I don't know what the unofficial word is from DIRECTV on this, but the official word is that they will no longer support MRV w/o DECA/SWM. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      The old Beta program allowed you to connect all receivers to Ethernet. Then DIRECTV got nasty and insisted on MRV being connected to SWM. I don't know what the unofficial word is from DIRECTV on this, but the official word is that they will no longer support MRV w/o DECA/SWM. YMMV.

thanks ... that is what i think he was told ... need to go deca ....

Comment

I had 8 receivers hooked up through ethernet. I switched over to a SWM 16 and DECA, but 2 receivers weren't connecting ot the netowrk so I just plugged them back in to my ethernet switch and they have worked fine for the last 3 months. It was a lot better than spending another 3 hours with the DTV guy trying to figure out what was wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X