SWM and Diplexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM and Diplexing

I have DTV coming out next week to install WHDVR and DECA internet. Assume they will swap LNB for SWM version, and use SWM splitter mounted outside, since currently all Directv cabling is outside my garage. All inside room coax feeds are home runs from this outside location. Also have cable in from local cable company on side of garage, which now uses a single run of coax to my office inside the house where my phone/internet modem is located and connected to my house internet router.

Question - will it be possible for the installer to use OTA/SWM diplexer on this run of coax to enable DECA broadband? This would avoid having to run another coax line into my office from outside.

I used to diplex DTV and Cable to all rooms years ago, then diplexing "no longer worked" when system was upgraded for Hi-Def several years ago. Is diplexing now viable again? Thanks for education!!
    Last edited by woobie; 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM.

I don't think that's going to work. As far as I know, cable and DECA use the same frequency range inside the coax, so neither will work.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X