1of 5 Receivers Searching for Sat - SWM setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1of 5 Receivers Searching for Sat - SWM setup

I'm looking to see what I can do to fix my Setup. I have 4 HD DVR (3 HR23 & 1 HR24) and 1 H24 (non DVR). One of the HD DVRs is setup as a 1 tuner DVR.

My Dish has a SWM lnb with 1 wire going into the house to the 8 way SWM splitter. Then five lines going to the receivers. The SWM power inserter is at one of the receivers.

My problem is that 1 of either the H24 or HR24 receivers continiously pops up with a 771a message that it can't find satellite signal. The picture from the channel the receiver is on is there but the error message frequently pops up. When either of the H24 or HR24 receivers is restarted then the other one gets the errors.

I know with the dish and SWM lnb I can only have 8 tuners but with one tuner from a DVR turned off I don't think that would be the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be a signal strength issue, but how, exactly, did you tell the one DVR to not use its second signal? Can you confirm its setup still shows that?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Last night I did go into the setup of the receiver of the DVR set to one tuner and verified it was still set to one. I also tried to use double play and the receiver notified me that double play would not work with one tuner.

one of the HR23's is set to one tuner.

Comment

OK - I'd still guess that that issue is somehow involved here, but in any event, here are some other thoughts:

-Are you using all good RG6 cabling?

-Are all splitters SWM splitters?

-Is there possibly too much cabling in the entire installation?

Comment

It is probably about 70 feet from the dish to the only splitter which is a SWM splitter. This cable was installed about 2 years ago from directv and reduced to using 1 cable last year.

I ran 2 cables of RG6 to two locations in the basement about 3 months ago. These two are approximately 30 feet in length on the same level of the house as the splitter. These are also the two locations that have the issue.

The other receivers cables were installed when the house was originally built in 1998. I'm sure these are also RG6 coax. I know 1 receiver is probably about 10'. The other two are probably about 50 - 75' away from the splitter.

Does it matter where the SWM power inserter is located?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I would suggest you try running a single cable to the power supply, and then from the powersupply to a receiver...and make the distance as close as possible to the dish. You want to confirm that your dish, parts, etc. are all working properly before starting to add components to see where things fail.

Comment

Last night I verified that the cables all looked good where I could see then I also moved the power to where the lnb cable comes to the splitter. Since then all has worked well.

Thank you!

Comment

OK - glad you got it working!

Comment

Working...
                X