HD10-250 Reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JHT,

Do you have a Series3, or an HR10-250? It sounds like you have an HR10-250 and that you added a drive. Have you tested the boot drive? Especially since it's used, that's most likely the problem.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

It's a HR10-250 and I never tested the boot drive. I've seen other posts regarding downloading drive testing software. Is that my next step?

Comment

That should be - if the drive is bad, it explains a lot of things.

Comment

HD10-250 Reboots

Well I check both my hard drives and found no errors. 3 hours after I got everything back together I got 2 reboots in one 2 hour recording. What now?

Comment

Sorry to say, but very, very often we see drives that pass all of the manufacturer's diagnostics, but still cause problems in TiVos. I'd be willing to bet that a replace kit fixes these problems.

http://www.weaknees.com/hr10.php

Comment

Removing current movies from HD10-250

I am curious to find out if there is any way to remove the programs that I have stored on my current DirecTV HD10-250.
              Here is the rundown:
              I am switching over from a DirecTV/TiVo HD10-250 from DirecTV to a new Series3 TiVo unit with SmartCard using Verizon FiOS.
              My account with DirecTV finishes in November but I am starting my Verizon Fios this week.
              I want all of the old programs off my HD10-250 and on my PC. What is the best way to do this. Everything that I have read thus far says that if I get all of the software and upgrade to the 6.2 hack, yada yada yada, it will delete what I have on the current drive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Comment

I had the constant rebooting issue with my hr10-250 and read on the tivo community forums that by going into the menu and selecting "clear program data and to-do list" seemed to solve the problem for a lot of folks. I did that this morning and so far no more rebooting (it's only been a few hours, so I can't be 100% sure yet that it fixed it). By the way, this method does NOT delete your recorded programs, but I did have to set up my favorite channel list again and my season passes (so write down your season passes list). Warning: be sure you select the right option ("clear program data and to-do list") when you clear the data or you might lose your recorded shows. One other note, my hr10 is much faster since I did this.

By the way, I have a brand new hard drive in my hr10-250 (thanks weaknees!), so I was pretty sure that wasn't the problem. I think it's the latest software and hoping Directv fixes it soon.

Here's the link to the thread where I read about it:
                http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=314757

Edit: See my post below. This did NOT fix the problem.

I hope I'm not repeating someone here, but I found this out today and didn't have a lot of time to read all the threads here.
                Last edited by darthemma; 11-02-2007, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Yup - we've been getting a lot of reports of the problem, and we've been watching that thread. Seems pretty clear from that report and many others that DirecTV has a problem to fix.

Comment

Ok, I'm reporting back. The "clear program data and to-do list" did NOT fix my rebooting problem on my hr10-250. It re booted again last night.

Fortunately (?) I have an hr20-700 connected to the same tv, but I don't like it nearly as well as my hr10. I usually use the hr20 only for channels the hr10 won't get in hd. I've moved all my season passes over the hr20, but I'm really hoping my hr10 problem will be resolved.

Comment

There is definitely a problem with HR10s with the guide data from DirecTV. The problem is especially acute when watching CBS shows for some reason

If you have 6.3d, make sure you are connected to a phone line and see if you can get an update to 6.3e. 6.3e seems to fix most of these problems.

Comment

I checked my system and it is definitely running 6.3d (6.3d-01-2-357 to be exact). I connected to the DVR service using the phone connection and it did not update me 6.3e. Does Directv stagger these updates among their customers? Will I get 6.3e eventually?

By the way, I emailed Directv about the issue and they sent me some stupid generic reply. I had already told them that I'd reset the system and done the unplug thing they always tell you to do, yet that was what they told me to do in their reply. I sent them another note. We'll see what happens next.

One other thing I told them was that they need to work out a new deal with Tivo to get new hd dvrs with tivo because the the hr20s have an inferior interface to that of the tivo units.

Thanks, Michael.

Comment

You might try a clear and delete guide data as that seems to be helping some people with this problem. Then the unit will reacquire better guide data.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                            You might try a clear and delete guide data as that seems to be helping some people with this problem. Then the unit will reacquire better guide data.
                            I'll try that. But, just to note, when I did the "clear program data and to-do list" it did cause the unit to completely reload the guide data. I also had to set up my favorite channels list again.

I just wish I could roll back my software the previous version. Is there anyway to stop Directv from changing my software without my knowledge in the future?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by darthemma View Post
                              Is there anyway to stop Directv from changing my software without my knowledge in the future?
                              Just unplug the phone line. It can't update without authorization by phone.

Comment

Michael, thanks for the info. As of last night, I was still running 6.3d. The machine has connected to the dvr service several times since. I read on the tivo community forums that I should "force the upgrade to 6.3e." How do I force such an upgrade?

Comment

Working...
                                X