No announcement yet.

HD10-250 Reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can try rebooting, but until a dial-in pulls it, there's not much you can do.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I tried again last night and my HR10-250 finally got the 6.3e update from the DVR service. When I did this, it didn't show the update under the software version at first, but it did say "pending restart" under my system settings. So, I restarted the HR10-250 and it then showed I was running software version 6.3e.

As of this point, I have seen no reboots and it recorded "Heroes" for me last night without a glitch. I have reprogrammed all my season passes again.

This seems to have fixed the rebooting problem. I'll let you know if it goes wonky again. Thanks for your help, Michael.

Comment

That sounds exactly right. "Pending restart" means that the unit wants to reboot to install the new software, which it did. "Pending restart" essentially means, pull the plug, get the new OS.

Glad the reboots are gone!

Comment

I have an HR10-250 that is stock, is running 6.3e, and is still rebooting several times a day. Is there something else I need to reset or reload? I have a fairly large number of recorded shows and would really hate to lose them, but this rebooting is driving me nuts!

Comment

Probably, in your case, you have a failing hard drive. You could try unplugging your SAT cables and watching shows. If you still get reboots, you almost definitely have just a bad drive, and nothing related to the problems with older OS versions.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Your upgrade kits look very appealing. Is there a DIY way to upgrade the hard drive and retain my recorded shows?

Comment

Yes - but we don't recommend it in your case. If you retain the shows, you have to copy the OS also. If you have a bad OS, or are copying from a bad hard drive, you're likely to have those problems again on the new drive.

Comment

Okay, I have placed an order for your 500GB upgrade (replacement) kit. I really appreciate your help!
                  Last edited by bassmaj; 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM.

Comment

michael, having same rebooting problems as all these other people, bought hr10 250 new from you guys jan 1 2007, had rebootin issues, sent back to wk for repair/replacement in march still have same issues,since than i have replaced hd installed ups, new power supply, new dish, cables diffrent houses, still reboots im runnding the "e" version of software The only thing left is mother board right? as you can see its about a two thousand dollar silver box. the will not work!!

Comment

Right - then you must have some motherboard problem. That's all that's left.

Comment

what does a motherboard cost?

Comment

michael will a hd from a hr10 250 work in a hddvr?

Comment

michael will a hd from a hr10 250 work in a hddvr?
                            No, those drives are not interchangeable.

Comment

Hi, I too am having the reboot issue with my HR10-250...it does seem to be more often when watching CBS channels (but not exclusively), and aslo seems to happen at similar (if not the same exact) times each week.

I suspect it is my software, as I believe I am running the "d" version...my box has been asking me to connect via phone to upgrade but I no longer have a land-line to connect with. Can I somehow use my cell-phone to connect? I have a Blackberry Curve.

Any info would be very appreciated...

Comment

You should upgrade - that should fix those problems. No way to do that via cell phone, but if you take the unit to a friend's house and dial-in, it should upgrade. You don't need satellite dish access at the time of the dial-in, if that makes things easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X