Motorhome Installations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorhome Installations

I see no reason why I couldn't use a swm installation in my Motorhome. However, Directv refuses to consider it. They say it will not work. Is there any reason I could not install this in my Motorhome?

It's pretty hard to aim it, and since the base is mobile, that can cause problems.

There are self-pointing dishes for RVs out there.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I am going to get the Directv automatic HD dish for the RV either from Motosat or Winegard. They are slimline just like the home installation. So a SWM setup should work shouldn't it?

Comment

Yes, if they are 5LNB dishes with 4 lines out, you can use a SWM.

Comment

Rv Swim 8 Muti Switch

How Far Away Can You Place The Swim 8 Multi Switch From The Sat/ant. Winegard Says To Place Muti Switch 40 Ft. From Sat/ant On Mobile 5lnb Slimline Sk-3005 Traviler. Four Lines From Dish Sat/ant To Muti Switch Then One Line To Power Inserter Pi-29 Then To Spliter. Rv. Motorhome Is Only 30ft. Sat/ant Located In Middle Of Rv Top Roof.

Comment

30ft is fine and you're worried, just run 40ft of cable to the location 30ft away.

Comment

motor home installation

Hi Jeff. my sat/ is fixed mounted on the RV roof. with only 15 ft. on each side to run cable. The Sat/Ant sk-3005 is auto signal finder. could I fix mount the swim8 five to ten feet away from the Sat/. on the RV roof then use one cable line to the interior of the moble home RV.

Comment

So try it. I'm just saying that if you believe it needs to be 40', just spool 40' of cable, even if the swm is 5-10' from the dish.

Comment

40 feet

I have read elsewhere that the 40 foot requirement is. Max number,
                  not a minimum number.

That makes more sense, if it is correct!

Comment

Has anyone tried it both at 30 and 40 feet?

Any difference?

Comment

Working...
                    X