Missing HD channels on DTV Sat 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing HD channels on DTV Sat 101

I have homes in San Diego and Phoenix. I'm tired of paying for Cable in Phoenix because I am there only a few months. I decided to set up an antenna in Phoenix and move receivers around. For a number of reasons it has been a hassle -- defective SWM 5LNB from an online supplier, service call which required me to change the service address, etc. I'm in Phoenix but have reverted my service address to San Diego. My new SWM LNB arrived. I hooked it up and everything is fine except the San Diego HD Network channels. All my 101 transponders (except 4 and 12) read between 95 and 100%. The local non-HD channels come in fine. Everything else I've checked comes in fine. According to the dishpointer.com satellite photo my antenna seems to be pointed fine. Any idea what is happening? DTV has been no help and I don't want a service call because then I have to change my service address again. (They don't like to do that -- some FCC reg.) I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

DIRECTV uses spotbeams (you can search online for DIRECTV spotbeam map), and not all transponders reach all geographic areas. It's possible that LA locals don't reach the Phoenix area...I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Trakabl View Post
      I have homes in San Diego and Phoenix. I'm tired of paying for Cable in Phoenix because I am there only a few months. I decided to set up an antenna in Phoenix and move receivers around. For a number of reasons it has been a hassle -- defective SWM 5LNB from an online supplier, service call which required me to change the service address, etc. I'm in Phoenix but have reverted my service address to San Diego. My new SWM LNB arrived. I hooked it up and everything is fine except the San Diego HD Network channels. All my 101 transponders (except 4 and 12) read between 95 and 100%. The local non-HD channels come in fine. Everything else I've checked comes in fine. According to the dishpointer.com satellite photo my antenna seems to be pointed fine. Any idea what is happening? DTV has been no help and I don't want a service call because then I have to change my service address again. (They don't like to do that -- some FCC reg.) I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks
      i dont think any hd channels come off the 101... however you may get some locals on the 101 sd it looks like some locals come from the 101 on both phoenix & san diego.. these were sd though ... may be spot beams..specific to location...the 99 had some hd locals for san deigo but did not see any for phoenix ...

Comment

Working...
      X