Bad LNB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad LNB???

I have a Directv setup using the SL5-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Five LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL5-SWM). I have been using this for about 18 months now and have just started having some problems with it.

Ive started getting the 771a error quite regularly and Im trying to figure out what is going on. Until now whenever I could get the error I could go out to the dish and jiggle the cabling and I would be back up again. I have checked all my connections and cabling and everything seems to be ok. But I would still get the errors. Funny thing was I would only get these errors when the outside temp would rise above freezing.

As I said I have always been able to get the signal back again until today. Now I have the same error and no matter what I do I cant get rid of it. Today I took a 100' RG6 cable and ran it directly from the LMB through the Power Inserter and then into the receiver and still had no luck.

So to me it must be either the Receiver (H22) the PI (PI-21) or the above mentioned LMB.

Im interested in your thoughts

Thanks for reading this!

Swandive

Could be a bad LNB, a bad receiver, or even a bad power inserter.

Easiest thing to try is the red reset button inside the access card door.

Are there any other units sharing the dish?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by swandive76 View Post
      I have a Directv setup using the SL5-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Five LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL5-SWM). I have been using this for about 18 months now and have just started having some problems with it.

Ive started getting the 771a error quite regularly and Im trying to figure out what is going on. Until now whenever I could get the error I could go out to the dish and jiggle the cabling and I would be back up again. I have checked all my connections and cabling and everything seems to be ok. But I would still get the errors. Funny thing was I would only get these errors when the outside temp would rise above freezing.

As I said I have always been able to get the signal back again until today. Now I have the same error and no matter what I do I cant get rid of it. Today I took a 100' RG6 cable and ran it directly from the LMB through the Power Inserter and then into the receiver and still had no luck.

So to me it must be either the Receiver (H22) the PI (PI-21) or the above mentioned LMB.

Im interested in your thoughts

Thanks for reading this!

Swandive
      one other thing ... are all sats lost or just some channels... usually the hd will leave first if it is a pointing issue ...also verify voltage at the lnb...that will test wiring & pi

Comment

I am thinking LNB as well. I will check the voltage at the LNB though. My receiver seems to be working for other things. I can still watch anything I have recorded etc. I guess that might not be related though. Im thinking ill take my receiver over to a buddys place who has the same dish as mine. That should at least rule that out.

Im not getting any channels. and no signal on any birds.

Comment

Yeah - recorded shows wouldn't be affected.

See what you get at your friend's house.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X