649080 failure - drive or PS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 649080 failure - drive or PS?

My TCD 649080 exhibited hard drive problems (wouldn't get past the "Powering Up" screen), and I wanted more room, so I ordered a replacement from WeaKnees, installed it per instructions, and now I don't get the "Powering Up" screen, just a black screen and a buzz on the audio.

Ideas?

Hmm. Did you change out the IDE cable with the one that we likely included in your kit?

Does your adapter flash lights?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yep, swapped cables...

Yes, I swapped out the cables. The one I received had 3 connectors on it, but I used the two specified in the instructions (blue & black, I think).

Don't know if the adapter's lights flash, I put the case back on before powering up (per instructions).

Comment

I'd suggest you triple-check your internal connections to be sure that they are snug. Blue end of the new cable goes into the board; black into the drive.

Comment

Actually, my external connections were at fault; turns out I can't tell yellow from white... . Everything working fine now!

Comment

OK - so it was just a connection to your TV that was the issue? Great!
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X