another hr24 wont recognize external drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another hr24 wont recognize external drive

the power went out at my house for about 5 minutes today and now my hr24 wont recognize my wk 2tb external drive. its been working fine for months and the power has gone out before without this happening. i unplugged both drives for about 10 minutes then restarted external drive with sata cable plugged into hr24. i waited 2 minutes then restarted the dvr. no joy. i can hear the external drive making a little buzz/beep while the dvr is starting up but none of its programming shows in my playlist. i have repeated the process a few times with no luck.

should i reset the hr24? if so do i reset it with the ext drive hooked up and powered on? anything else i should try?

Yes - try the red button reset on the DVR.

Are any red lights flashing on the external drive?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

thx for the quick reply michael.

no red lites on the drive.

i tried the red button reset (with the drive both connected and disconnected since you didnt specify) with no luck. i also did a 'reset everything' from the dvr menu. nothing.

so. what else? can i hook the drive up to my mac via usb and look at something to see if the drive is corrupted?

(jic it matters - the drive makes that little buzz/beep when i start it up and then again when i power up the dvr. it lasts about 20 seconds each time. i dont recall ever having heard it before yesterday but its a pretty soft noise so i might have missed it before.)

Comment

I think the noise is normal.

Yeah - try it on your Mac and see if it mounts at all. I can't remember for sure, but I think you'll see something - at least the option to format it.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X