Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Program a DirecTiVo peanut to control HR23?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program a DirecTiVo peanut to control HR23?

My TiVo died so I upgraded to HD and got an HR23. I prefer the feel of the peanut over the DTV universal remote, so I'm wondering if this is possible. I realize I may not get all functions but most of the time I only need the basic functions.

Any info would be appreciated.

Nope - no way to do that. That's one reason people hate the switch from TiVo to DirecTV DVRs; the TiVo peanut remote is really extraordinary.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I knew I'd find an answer here.

I do miss the peanut but I like the HR23 overall. It's network connectivity is it's best feature over the old TiVo. I'm very impressed with its ability to work with PlayOn and TVersity. It works great with my NAS as well. I love the iPad app too. I was worried about the slow interface I'd experienced on my friends' HR units but this one is bearable given all the other features.

TiVo has a lot of catching up to do if they want me to switch back when/if their HD unit ever comes out.

Comment

In the cable world, TiVo has all of those features and many more. But who knows what the next DirecTV TiVo will bring . . .

If you want more speed from a DirecTV DVR, see the HR24:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-hd-dvr.php
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X