Upgraded HD and now have connection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded HD and now have connection issue

I installed a single HD upgrade and now I can not connect to my local network and complete the guided setup.

The Tivo can see my network SSID and prompts for my password. Then after a few minutes I receive a "could not connect to wireless network "abc" (N06)

I have tried changing the SSID. Changing the password/network key. Removing the password, etc. and receive the same error each time.

I have tried using the phone line and the Tivo states there is not a dial tone. However, I think this might be due to using a VOIP service.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Brent

What exact Wifi adapter are you using? What model TiVo is it?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Tivo is a TCD24004A the wireless adapter is a D-Link DWL-122.

I have picked up a Tivo wireless G adapter at Best Buy. I will try it later tonight and see if it works. I'm hoping it's a firmware issue and for whatever reason the new drive does not like my D-Link adapter.

Comment

The Tivo adapter did the trick (with a little hand holding). I removed the D-Link adapter and plugged in the Tivo adapter then restarted the system (unplugged it and plugged it back in).

The Tivo adapter did not see any SSID that the D-Link could show. However, I manually setup the Tivo with my SSID and password/network key and it connected! (:

Comment

Yup - TiVos can be really finicky with anything but the TiVo brand adapters. And the newer TiVos will ONLY work with the newer adapters.

Comment

Replaced hard drive. TV screen shows "welcome powering up".
            Nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Replaced hard drive. TV screen shows "welcome powering up".
              Nothing happens.
              Did you properly format the drive with the OS for your exact model TiVo?

Comment

Working...
              X