Tivo for antennas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo for antennas

I don’t have cable or satellite. I have a newer model tv with a built in tuner along with hdmi. I don’t need a converter box and I have a very good antenna I get the entire over the air channels in my area and very clear even on a rainy day. I am in the market to buy a pre-owned tivo preferable an older mode because they are cheeper. I would like to be able to watch a program while recording a different program. I have contacted the tivo chat six times and called twice just to find out which tivo would be right for me. I did not want to buy a box to find out that it would not work for me. However, I keep getting different information each time. Eight times I got something different and more confusing. I am told any would work as long as it is a single tuner, but some of the seller will list the box as not for over the air antennas, or cable only. Then I am told I need a dual tuner and a converter box which I don’t understand because I have a fairly new tv, so then I am told I can only use the premier with hd . I am sure that there are people utilizing tivo without cable or direct. Please tell me which tivo I can minimally get to service my needs. Thank you

hello,

I am not sure if i am asking the question correctly or if it sounds stupid but I do need some assistance trying to determine what tivo box would fit my needs. Please help.

Comment

I'd recommend a Premiere, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/4

You'd purchase the unit for the price listed above, and service is currently $19.99/mo

It will work fine with off-air antenna and will record two shows at once.

Comment

Working...
      X