Issue with SWM power inserter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with SWM power inserter

Hello everyone! First time posting, so go easy on me.

A few months ago, DirecTV installed a dish and 2 receivers in my house. Unfortunately, they didn't install everything like I asked them, and that is now a problem. I am trying to move a TV to the downstairs floor that I had upstairs. The only problem is that I am having to run a new wire.

The issue is that the power inserter is connected to the TV that I need to move. I need to figure out how to move the power inserter to the permanent TV. DirecTV wants to charge me $50 for them to do it, but I don't have that money lying around right now.

Here's the setup:

Starting at the Dish (Slimline) there is one wire coming out from it. That goes to our switch box (don't know what else to call it). The single line is split, using a standard splitter, into two lines which go to two different rooms. One line goes to the living room and straight into a receiver. The other goes into a bedroom, into the power inserter, then into the second receiver. I understand that there is supposed to be a SWM module, but I cannot find it (unless it is built into the dish).

Can anoyone help? I will be glad to provide any details necessary.

Thanks!

Originally posted by rdfloyd View Post
    Hello everyone! First time posting, so go easy on me.

A few months ago, DirecTV installed a dish and 2 receivers in my house. Unfortunately, they didn't install everything like I asked them, and that is now a problem. I am trying to move a TV to the downstairs floor that I had upstairs. The only problem is that I am having to run a new wire.

The issue is that the power inserter is connected to the TV that I need to move. I need to figure out how to move the power inserter to the permanent TV. DirecTV wants to charge me $50 for them to do it, but I don't have that money lying around right now.

Here's the setup:

Starting at the Dish (Slimline) there is one wire coming out from it. That goes to our switch box (don't know what else to call it). The single line is split, using a standard splitter, into two lines which go to two different rooms. One line goes to the living room and straight into a receiver. The other goes into a bedroom, into the power inserter, then into the second receiver. I understand that there is supposed to be a SWM module, but I cannot find it (unless it is built into the dish).

Can anoyone help? I will be glad to provide any details necessary.

Thanks!
    that splitter should be a swm splitter marked 2 - 2150 mhz.... you should have a marking on it that says to swm... or lnb & the other 2 should be .... one power passing & the other to the recvr with out the power inserter...

all you need to do is move the recvr to the room you want & hook the power inserter ... "to ird" ... to the recvr & the "to swm" to the wire from the splitter

you want the power inserter to go to the power passing port & the dish on the other end marked "to swm"

Comment

Working...
    X