Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Satellite Signal Detected - SWM

Default No Satellite Signal Detected - SWM

I have a new slimeline dish with built-in SWM technology. One wire running into the house...to the power inverter... then to a SWM 8 port switch...then onto my DVR HR24 receiver.

This is a brand new setup. My installer got a signal reading on his meter gizmo that said it was at 98% reading satellite 101 and several others...but when we go through the initial setup inside on the TV, it always comes back saying no satellite signal detected...check my setup.

We've tried rewiring without the switch... without the power inserter...everything we could think of, but always the same result.

Can anyone out there provide any insight? I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Thanks.

So you have a dish with SWM, and also a SWM8? Or is it a 1x8 splitter? You can't have two SWM components.

You should have a SWM dish, to a power inserter, to the unit. See if that works, since that's all you should need.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Yes, I have a SWM dish. Actual model is AU9-SL5-SWM-B-PWS. Just 1 line coming into the house which goes to the PI.. then to a 1x8 switch. Setup keeps saying no sat signal detected.

Are you using a B-Band converter - you shouldn't be.

Have you tried pressing the red reset button?

Did you choose SWM for the multiswitch type?

Quote Originally Posted by ckoloj View Post
    Yes, I have a SWM dish. Actual model is AU9-SL5-SWM-B-PWS. Just 1 line coming into the house which goes to the PI.. then to a 1x8 switch. Setup keeps saying no sat signal detected.
    move the pi to the rec ... put ird line to recvr & then the swm out to the lnb ...leave the 1x8 out of line...

not using a B-Band converter. Reset multiple times. SWM as the switch type is automatically selected... as is the dish type... it must detect it, because I cannot change them as they are greyed out on the setup screen. Guys from Solid Signal who sold me the goods think maybe I have a bum PI... say I should get the 29 volt one. Anyone heard of this?

Quote Originally Posted by ebmsjml View Post
    move the pi to the rec ... put ird line to recvr & then the swm out to the lnb ...leave the 1x8 out of line...
    I've tried leaving the 1x8 completely out...same result. I do have the PI wired as you say. IRD out to the reciever... SWM out to the dish.

Quote Originally Posted by ckoloj View Post
    I've tried leaving the 1x8 completely out...same result. I do have the PI wired as you say. IRD out to the reciever... SWM out to the dish.
    is there voltage on it ?????????????/\

Quote Originally Posted by ebmsjml View Post
    is there voltage on it ?????????????/\
    How can I tell? The light comes on when it's plugged in. And when I try to go through the intial setup through the receiver... my dish and SWM switch are detected when the PI is on. I assume this means something.

Solid Signal thinks I should upgrade to 29v PI. I have 21v now.

How long is the run?