No Satellite Signal Detected - SWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Satellite Signal Detected - SWM

I have a new slimeline dish with built-in SWM technology. One wire running into the house...to the power inverter... then to a SWM 8 port switch...then onto my DVR HR24 receiver.

This is a brand new setup. My installer got a signal reading on his meter gizmo that said it was at 98% reading satellite 101 and several others...but when we go through the initial setup inside on the TV, it always comes back saying no satellite signal detected...check my setup.

We've tried rewiring without the switch... without the power inserter...everything we could think of, but always the same result.

Can anyone out there provide any insight? I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Thanks.

So you have a dish with SWM, and also a SWM8? Or is it a 1x8 splitter? You can't have two SWM components.

You should have a SWM dish, to a power inserter, to the unit. See if that works, since that's all you should need.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I have a SWM dish. Actual model is AU9-SL5-SWM-B-PWS. Just 1 line coming into the house which goes to the PI.. then to a 1x8 switch. Setup keeps saying no sat signal detected.

Comment

Are you using a B-Band converter - you shouldn't be.

Have you tried pressing the red reset button?

Did you choose SWM for the multiswitch type?

Comment

Originally posted by ckoloj View Post
          Yes, I have a SWM dish. Actual model is AU9-SL5-SWM-B-PWS. Just 1 line coming into the house which goes to the PI.. then to a 1x8 switch. Setup keeps saying no sat signal detected.
          move the pi to the rec ... put ird line to recvr & then the swm out to the lnb ...leave the 1x8 out of line...

Comment

not using a B-Band converter. Reset multiple times. SWM as the switch type is automatically selected... as is the dish type... it must detect it, because I cannot change them as they are greyed out on the setup screen. Guys from Solid Signal who sold me the goods think maybe I have a bum PI... say I should get the 29 volt one. Anyone heard of this?

Comment

Originally posted by ebmsjml View Post
              move the pi to the rec ... put ird line to recvr & then the swm out to the lnb ...leave the 1x8 out of line...
              I've tried leaving the 1x8 completely out...same result. I do have the PI wired as you say. IRD out to the reciever... SWM out to the dish.

Comment

Originally posted by ckoloj View Post
                I've tried leaving the 1x8 completely out...same result. I do have the PI wired as you say. IRD out to the reciever... SWM out to the dish.
                is there voltage on it ?????????????/\

Comment

Originally posted by ebmsjml View Post
                  is there voltage on it ?????????????/\
                  How can I tell? The light comes on when it's plugged in. And when I try to go through the intial setup through the receiver... my dish and SWM switch are detected when the PI is on. I assume this means something.

Solid Signal thinks I should upgrade to 29v PI. I have 21v now.

Comment

How long is the run?

Comment

from the dish to the PI... I'd say about 35 ft.

Comment

And from the PI to the unit?

Comment

less...maybe 25 - 30 ft max.

Comment

My guess is that there's a bad wire in the house. I'd try hooking the receiver up right to the dish, just after the PI. So run a wire from:

dish -> PI -> receiver

and see what you get. Use all pre-crimped patch cables.

If that works, your problem is in your wiring, so just add one segment at a time until it stops working.

Comment

I would like to piggy-back on this thread ... I am trying to convert from a Slimline 5 setup to a 5-S.
                              I removed the BBCs and connected one coax to receiver terminal Sat 1, SWM2.
                              In the satellite set-up I selected Slimline 5-s and kept dual tuner.
                              I get a 771 error code - no satellite signal. Do I need to do anything else? I noticed in the above discussion, talk of a "PI" ... do I need one?
                              The receiver did NOT automatically recognize the Slimeline 5-s, I had to manually select it.
                              After my Slimeline 5-s attempt, I returned to the old Slimline 5 and everything worked fine. FWIW, the LNB is a brand new SL5S4NR2-02.
                              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X