No Satellite Signal Detected - SWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brieguy View Post
    I would like to piggy-back on this thread ... I am trying to convert from a Slimline 5 setup to a 5-S.
    I removed the BBCs and connected one coax to receiver terminal Sat 1, SWM2.
    In the satellite set-up I selected Slimline 5-s and kept dual tuner.
    I get a 771 error code - no satellite signal. Do I need to do anything else? I noticed in the above discussion, talk of a "PI" ... do I need one?
    The receiver did NOT automatically recognize the Slimeline 5-s, I had to manually select it.
    After my Slimeline 5-s attempt, I returned to the old Slimline 5 and everything worked fine. FWIW, the LNB is a brand new SL5S4NR2-02.
    Thanks in advance.

yes you need the PI unit .. it is a 21 v power supply .. it powers the lnb ...

Comment

From further reading, it looks like I also need a SWM splitter ... if I want to hook up more than one receiver?
      Thanks.
      Last edited by brieguy; 06-25-2011, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brieguy View Post
        From further reading, it looks like I also need a SWM splitter ... if I want to hook up more than one receiver?
        Thanks.
        that is correct ... for as many recvrs you have

Comment

Two more questions? ... I ordered a PI-21 and a SWS8WB-P.

I understand the splitter should accommodate up to eight tuners. I notice the photo of the splitter shows nine terminals ... what looks like two reds and seven whites.

1. I should be able to connect eight single-tuner receivers ... right? How do I do that with only seven white connectors?

2. I could connect up to four two-tuner DVRs. I would only need to run one coax to each DVR so I assume I would end up with three vacant, unusable connectors on the splitter?

I appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Comment

1. The red output is the same as the others, but it is power-passing, so if you install the PI after the splitter, it has to be connected to the red port on the splitter.

2. Yes.

Comment

Working...
            X