Replacing tuner on swm 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing tuner on swm 16

I had a tuner (D12D-100) die, I got the replacement and hooked it up but it is not receiving signal from swm 16. If I unhook all other tuners (10 in all) then it gets a signal, as soon as all other tuners are installed then this tuner gets no signal. Need help....

Are you sure that you have the receivers evenly distributed between the SWM1 and SWM2 outputs? You can't have more than 8 tuners on either one of the SWM outputs.

Comment

Yes, it is set up with an 8 way splitter on each port. I have 6 tuners on port 1 and 5 tuners on port 2.

Comment

If you hook that one D12 up and get it (and it alone) working on your SWM16, and then you install a second receiver (say, on SWM2), you're saying that the first-installed D12 dies and only the second one works at that point?

Comment

When that tuner is the only one hooked up to the splitter it receives signal on all transponders, as the other tuners are hooked back to the splitter the new tuner loses the signal of all transponders (gets no signal on any sat). During the set up it will not automatically find the correct config. It defaults to multiswitch and I have to manually change it to swm.

What is the correct way to install the swm 16. Should I unhook all of the tuners and then restart each tuner one at a time, or does it matter that they are booting up at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by jmc3352 View Post
            When that tuner is the only one hooked up to the splitter it receives signal on all transponders, as the other tuners are hooked back to the splitter the new tuner loses the signal of all transponders (gets no signal on any sat). During the set up it will not automatically find the correct config. It defaults to multiswitch and I have to manually change it to swm.

What is the correct way to install the swm 16. Should I unhook all of the tuners and then restart each tuner one at a time, or does it matter that they are booting up at the same time?

you do know that a dvr is 2 tuners...

a d12 is 1 tuner

we are not talking about the # of recvrs ... but the # of tuners on each switch....

you can not have more than 4 dvr (8 tuners) on 1 switch or (splitter)

the best way to install is one receiver at a time ...it has to select which swm line will be used for that recvr.....

Comment

All tuners are D12-100 (11 in all), Could this be a splitter problem?

Comment

Could be, or a wiring problem.

But have you also made sure each D12 is running the latest software? I can't remember if you can force that on a D12, but you can certainly try a red button reset on it to see if that help.s
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                X