SWM 16 Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM 16 Security Cameras

I have a SWM16 w/2 splitters supporting 16 hidef DVR locations (only 7 are currently hooked up). I want to connect a speco 16 camera w/DVR through my directv swm setup. Is this possible? Thanks for any help.

You can do it using diplexers, sending the feed into the satellite lines so long as the signal is in the standard off-air/CATV spectrum. HOWEVER, if you do this, you will NOT be able to use multi-room viewing with DIRECTV. You will need SWM diplexers, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv.php

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      You can do it using diplexers, sending the feed into the satellite lines so long as the signal is in the standard off-air/CATV spectrum. HOWEVER, if you do this, you will NOT be able to use multi-room viewing with DIRECTV. You will need SWM diplexers, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv.php
      i know that you can diplex a swm 8 ... but i have never tried straight off a swm lnb ... have you seen this or done it ... i really dont see why it wouldnt work ...esp if im not using the powered line for the lnb and using the 2mhz diplexers

Comment

You can diplex the OTA in and then pull it out. The line out a SWM LNB is no different than the line out of a SWM8.

Comment

I currently diplex ota and home security cameras into my system. I use a zinwell 6x16 also. The only problem is the hr20 will not see your security cameras no matter what channel you modulate to. The box only sees digital channels and they must be in the database for your zip code. You must go to a different input on your TV. If memory serves me, I am using channels 33, 35, 37, and 39 input into the rf input of the monitor. The TV tuner does the rest.
          Zinwell 6x16
          Swim in Parallel
          Last edited by WK-Jeff; 10-05-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Hi,
            "I have been in the security camera services business for over 9 years. I finally have a topic that I can help with. :If you have any more qustions feel free to ask me.
            Last edited by WK-Jeff; 01-02-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

If you are using a Zinwell 6x16 you have no chance of diplexing properly. You MUST use a SWM and you must NOT use whole home DVR service.

Comment

Working...
              X